Throughout the church year, we offer Faith Formation (Adult Education) sessions to build up our knowledge of the Christian faith, to engage in a dialogue about matters of our own personal faith, and to enjoy intellectual discussion with fellow parishioners. Faith formation covers a range of topics generally presented in series over the course of several weeks or months. Those topics include areas such as the Bible, church history, spirituality and the practice of prayer, faith and current events. The class generally meets on Sundays from 9:00 am to 9:45 am in the Chapter or Thorne Rooms.
“I go to Faith Formation sessions mainly because I enjoy the opportunity to learn something new. While I am generally familiar with the Bible, I find the opportunity to review and study it is intellectually challenging. I also enjoy that it’s a new group of people to meet and spend time with. And I think it’s interesting!” – Shannon Simpson
Sundays, March 5-April 9, 2017 at 9:00 am, Lenten Adult Education, Thorne Room
Then, as the LORD our God commanded us, we set out through all that vast desert… Deuteronomy 1:19 After Jesus was baptized, he was led into the wild by the Spirit. Even our savior was not immune from time in the wilderness. It was there that he fasted, prayed, and faced Satan himself…and came out triumphant. The wilderness is God’s way of preparing us. On the Sundays of Lent, we will contemplate our own wilderness experience through the lens of great leaders in Scripture.
The weekly eNewsletter, special emails, the service leaflet, and Chimes also advertise the current and upcoming offerings.
Past faith formation sessions include the following:
- Advent Meditations: Preparing For Christmas: Sundays, November 27 – December 18, 2016 at 9:00 am
- Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount: Sundays, October 16 – November 20, 2016 at 9:00 am
- Into the Mystics: A Brief Introduction into Christian Mysticism Sundays, May 29 – June 26, 2016 at 9 am
- Ancient/Future Faith: Jewish Identity in the Christian Life – Sundays, April 3 – May 22, 2016 at 9 am
- Lenten Devotionals – Sundays, February 14 – March 13, 2016 at 9:00 am
- Holy Eucharist Followed by Discussion on Spirituality in an Anxious World – Wednesdays During Lent, February 17 – March 23, 2016 12:00 noon
- Recent Developments Within the Anglican Communion – Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 9:00 am
- Advent Meditations – Preparing for Christmas – Sundays, November 29 – December 20 , 2015 at 9:00 am
- Matthew, Mark, and Luke Walk into a Bar (or a Church) . . . – Sundays, September 27 – November 22 (except October 11), 2015 at 9:00 am
- Resurrection: Invitation into a Living Hope – Sundays, April 12 – May 10, 2015 at 9:00 am