For the Christmas Bazaar on November 18:
Donations will be accepted Sunday, November 12, noon-5 pm and Monday – Wednesday, November 13 – 15, 9:30 am – 3 pm. Special evening hours: Wednesday, November 15, 5:30 – 8 pm. (Exceptions noted below.)
- Collectibles: Some desirable items from past years have included anything signed Tiffany, sterling silver and festive crystal. If you have a special item to donate, please contact: Susan Emery (email@example.com), Ellen Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Pat Melrose (email@example.com).
- Delectable Treats: Prepare your favorite baked goods, holiday sweets, or other edible goodies for the Delectable Treats table. Drop off on Friday afternoon, November 17. Please label and note if the item contains nuts or is gluten-free. Questions? Contact Bev Nalven (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Handcrafts: In the past, we’ve had knitwear, sewn and woven items, origami creations, gift tags, candles, ornaments, etc. If you have questions or if you have something handmade that you would like to contribute, please contact Carole Woods (914-320-7960 or email@example.com).
- Holiday Home: We are looking for new/nearly-new better quality, special Christmas ornaments/decorations, table-ware, and other decorative holiday pieces such as platters, champagne glasses, vases, new candles, or silver serving pieces. Contact Patti Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org), Sophie Kent (email@example.com) or Tori Pough (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- Jewelry: Do you have any jewelry you’re no longer using? We’ll gladly find it a new home! If you have any very special items, Barbara Gessler encourages you to drop them off at her home (27 Edgewood Ave, Larchmont) any time beginning NOW! Just email or text her to let her know (Barbara.email@example.com or 914-552-1205). Other items may be dropped off at the church Nov 13-16.
- Sporting Goods: We are looking for donations in decent condition please: larger items such as bikes, golf clubs, skis or snowboards. We would also like smaller gear, such as paddle/tennis rackets, hockey/lacrosse pads, helmets (sports and bike), skates, baseball bats and hockey/field hockey/lacrosse sticks. No clothing please. For questions, please contact Diane Langone (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “CHURCH BAZAAR” in the subject window.
- Toys: We’re looking for children’s timeless treasures in new or like-new condition. Toys might include doll houses, American Girl dolls, specialty train sets, Lego sets, Magnatiles and board games (with all their pieces!). We will also collect mint condition Holiday Children’s books or collectible full series. Questions? Want to discuss an item before dropping off? Send us a description or photo! Please contact Kelly Chubet, Tiffany Andrade, and Lucy Smeets at ChurchBazaarToys@gmail.com.
For the *NEW* LIVE AUCTION at the Parishioner Preview Party and for the ONLINE SILENT AUCTION:
We have some wonderful donations already, but currently really need the following types of items. Donation deadline: Friday, November 10.
- Sports tickets/lessons (tennis, hockey, swimming, golf, etc.) U.S. Open tix perhaps?
- A vacation/week-end getaway in the mountains or at the shore?
- Restaurant gift cards
- Anything salon/spa related
Other popular items:
- A round of GOLF and lunch at your club
- A special bottle or two from your cellar
- What one-of-a-kind items are sitting in your closet? Designer purses? A unique souvenir from far-flung travels?
- What skills or services can you offer? A consulting session in your field of expertise? A tutoring session?
- Artwork such as a framed photograph/painting?
Contact Amy Jaswal (email@example.com) or Mallory O’Connell (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your ideas!